Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Caught Between Two Worlds

So, things have been a bit quite busy lately. I've been switching between my love of photography and music. I have two possible upcoming music gigs in Jacksonville. One gig will be this Friday at Maggiano's at the Town Center, thanks to Mhikaella! Thanks for getting us the show! I will be singing two songs, "In My Life" and "Maging Sino Ka Man." If choosen, my other gig would be with American Idol Finalist, Ramiele Malubay on August 15 at Ridgeview High School. I'm really hoping that I am able to book that gig because that would just be awesome, plus it's paid!
Other than that, I was in Orlando last weekend with some friends for another attempt at American Idol. My attempt was failed, but Idol is always a fun experience. I love meeting new people who share the love of music, as I do. My judge said that, "I had a good voice, but it wasn't fit for this season." Oh well...I say it's better to try and fail, then to not try at all and regret on what could have happened.
Lastly, I've been focusing more on the job search while doing my photography on the side. This job market is pretty tough, isn't it? Oh well, I know when the time is right I'll get a pretty awesome job. Suprisingly, the photography stuff has worked out really well and I pray that it continues to grow and get more exposure in Jacksonville. I'd love to have my own business in the future, but right now I'm looking for a stable job while continuing doing the photography. It's also been fun collaborating with local photographers, Wendel Garcia and Anthony Rosales a.k.a. ftw! productions. We collaborated for my first wedding shoot and we hope to do more weddings together in the future. They do amazing photo and video work, you should definitely check them out on Youtube and Facebook!


My most recent shoot was with Anastasia Haney. She was a former classmate of mine at UNF. She's a Delta Gamma and she has a great personality. We had a really fun time shooting in San Marco! We we're going for more of a colorful glamour oriented photoshoot. Well, here are some of my favorite images from that shoot:




0 comments: